Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Keeping Busy

I have been keeping myself busy trying to "network" to get the Poirier's name out there. I found new things on Etsy from another Etsy shop owner. www.etsy.com/shop/zeba She gave me a lot of help. There were things I should have been doing. She even told me what to click on to find the stuff. There is a lot more to Etsy then selling, it a little world of its own. You'll get sucked in. So many nice people and very friendly. Everyone is helping everyone. If our not on there as a selling you should be as a buyer. So many handmade things that are made with love not from Wal-mart that a ton of other people have. A lot of the stuff is one of a kind. Just check it out www.etsy.com you can't go wrong!!

Ok I know you don't just want to hear about Etsy every time I write but it is a big part of my life right now. So it snowed here today. Not a lot but enough to make my mom not want to go Christmas shopping hehheehe, I really didn't feel like driving in it anyways.

I'm still not looking forward to Christmas that much. I'm happy the family is getting together (more then happy). I haven't seen Tony, Bo, and Hope for a long time. It's so much fun when us kids( us old people) get together. I feel bad that we couldn't get the kids as much as we wanted to but money is very tight. I know everyone will be fine and everyone will have fun. Just spending time together will be great. Happy Holidays

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It sounds like you have some real fun planned for Christmas and quit beating yourself up....most people are taking a hit on the gift-giving this year. Even last year we started just exchanging names; adults with adults and kids with kids. And then we pick a theme. This year it was t-shirts. Can't wait to see who gets what! As for the grandkids, I do not buy them toys except for books or puzzles and I have expanded to crafts since they are now older. This year all 4 got McDonalds gift cards because with their busy (full time working) moms, she can stop and pick up dinner on a night or two and they have one less worry for the day. Hey, at least we're feeding them!

Poirier Family said...

I know your right with most people taking a hit. We used to draw names but now we only buy for the kids. We do plan on having fun!! Love the theme idea.