Monday, June 14, 2010

Growing up

Thank you to all who read my blog, thank you to all who leave comments. It really makes me feel great knowing there are people out in the world who care about others!!!

Well Joshua is all done with school!!! I can't believe he is going to be in 7Th grade!! On the last day of school which was June 11Th they had a 6Th grade dance. They had two of the schools that had the 6Th grade classes go together at the Jr. High being they are all going to be together next year at the Jr. High. This was a way to have the kids meet with a twist of dancing. Josh said he had a great time and now he can't wait to go to school in the fall. I know I can't believe that because its only been 3 days into his summer vacation and I'm sure after 3 weeks he isn't going to want to go back, but we can hope!!!! When I dropped him off at the dance and started to drive away, it hit me he is growing up. My 11 year old at his first dance. Yep I started to cry. John was making fun of me, and who wouldn't? It's only a dance but that dance is a turning point. He isn't going to want to hang out with his mother anymore. He is going to want to hang with his friends. There is a part of me that wishes I would get laid off that way I could spent time with him this summer before he doesn't want to hang with his old mom! OH I DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP YET!!!!

Now about growing up....it's happening to soon for me too. I just had my birthday on Saturday. The cool thing was it was ladies night out with my girls. It just happened to fall on my birthday. We went out and had a blast! John was a sweet heart and dropped me and my sister in law at our friends house, and we were off from there. When the night was all done John picked us up and drove us home. What a sweety. So I would like to say to all the girls who went out with me, THANK YOU for a great time!!!!!!




 



2 comments:

lee and hannah said...

glad to see you back blogging!! :) i missed you!!

Barbara said...

You sound like my daughter, Michele, with her daughter, Madison who just graduated from kindergarten this year. "Why do they have to grow up? I'm not ready for this".

So good to have you back!!!