Saturday, March 21, 2009

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

Spring sure is in the air. The snow is melting left and right, and I'm loving it. I had an appointment today for some art work to be done. Art work on my back!! I know a lot of people don't picture me with tattoos but I love them. I now have three, but I'm done now (I think). The first one I had done was on my lower back of Joshua name done is Japanese writing in 2002. I wanted to have flowers done around it but I didn't know what I really wanted so I waited until today to add them, 7 years later. I had Japanese Cherry Blossoms put around his name. I also wanted a Gemini sign on my upper back with the same flowers (that's my sign).

The meaning of the Japanese Cherry Blossom for the Jappanese is the fragility of human existence, its brief period of life, like our own, it's implacable movement toward death. If it has five petals it means luck, because five petals (much like the four leaf clover) is very rare. It encourages everyone to appreciate what little time they have on this Earth and it promotes gratitude for what they are given. As a tattoo, this symbol could remind you that all things pass in time and that bad situations won't last forever. There are two schools of thought when it comes to the Cherry Blossom. Both Chinese and Japanese cultures acknowledge the cherry blossom in different ways and it carries with it two different meanings for each. The Chinese see the cherry blossom as a symbol of power and love. It also speaks to the power of femininity. This is the perfect tattoo for a woman asserting her independence. Perhaps it can symbolize a fresh start after a divorce or after a particularly damaging relationship. It can help you reclaim your lost inner power and peace. I love both meanings, it fits my life very well.

It took 7 years to make sure this is what I wanted, because you know once you have a tattoo there's no turning back. I was set on the cherry blossom about a year ago, but I wanted to make sure that's what I really wanted. Once I pick what I wanted, I waited another year to make sure I don't change my mind.
I also have a four leaf clover on my right foot. I had that one done in 2007. The reason for that one is, I can walk in a field and find four leaf clovers left and right. So I wanted one on my foot. I love it!!

The cherry blossoms and Gemini were done by ERIC PELLETIER at ARTISTIC CREATION TATTOOS in Auburn, Maine, 71 Broad Street. www.myspace.com/ArtisticCreations_PPOM. He was very kind and sweet. I felt very comfortable there. Everyone that works there were friendly and kind. I would go back in a heart beat!!!
So here they are!!











No comments: