Friday, September 26, 2008

You won't believe what I found outside at work

Today it was raining must of the day. I was at work and around 1:30pm and I had to run out to my car to get something. As I was walking to my car I saw something small on the ground. I didn't know what it was so I took a closer look. It was a baby snapping turtle. My work is a ways from the river, and up a huge hill. So how or why was it in a drive in the middle of a city??

The building I'm working in now is going to be sold and turned into a Wal-Greens. So I didn't want to leave the turtle there. I took him home and put him in a pond where there are other snapping turtles. I don't know if I did the right thing or not. If I didn't know there were snapping turtle in the pond I put him in I would have called someone. I know it will have a greater chance to live, I'm going with that!!! I let Joshua see him and let him go. Joshua wanted to keep him. We named him Ted. I hope Ted likes his new home.







No comments: