Thursday, October 7, 2010

JOSH'S CATERPILLAR

Josh was out back playing with his friends when they came across a caterpillar. He asked if we could keep it inside (in the bug cage) so we could see it change into a butterfly. I said yes, not only for him but for me. I had never seen it happen. Sorry I forgot to take picture of the caterpillar. So the first few pictures are from the web.



NO! NO! not that kind of caterpillar.



NO! NO! Not that kind.....creepy!!!
Yes!! That's it!! That is just like the one Josh found. You didn't know if it was coming or going!!
When we put the caterpillar in the cage we give it water and leaves from a milkweed plant. Boy did that sucker eat!!!, and gross pooped all over the place. The next picture is what it turned into. We didn't get to see it happen. When it was still at caterpillar it went to the top of the cage and hung buy it's butt. The next day it was like this....




We waited for days and days. I don't even know how many days. Once again we didn't get to see it happen. So this next picture is from the web. This is what it looks like just before coming out.

This is what we saw in our cage!!!

So cool!!

We took it outside and Josh let it go!


But not before we got some nice pictures.





Josh was so funny. I thought he was going to cry by his face. He looked up at me while hugged me and said "they grow up so fast" like it was one of his kids. Then he started to laugh. It was so funny. I guess you had to be there!




No comments: