Thursday, July 16, 2009

WHY DO TEENS DO WHAT THEY DO?

The fire was set at 4:00pm. The pictures that I took yesterday were right when it started. It took only 15 minutes for the roof to collapse. They said thousands of people stood on the side of Main Street watching. They think it was set by 3 teens that were seen running from the building just before it went up. Very sad that teens find things like this to be cool or fun.

It was the Cowan Mill. Built in 1850 as a Cotton Mill. They were going to make it into a hotel. Now it's gone.
This is the mill today on my way home from work. I was in the car when I took it so this is the best I could get. I think everyone took that way home today just to see it.

So TEENs, I just don't get the cool part of this?? Or this...
This was done to my mothers house the morning of the fire. Yes the house needs a paint job, but this is not what she had in mind!! Some teens drove into my mothers driveway and took two shoots at her house, and drove away. WHY????? I just don't get it. A BIG house, can't you try to hit something smaller that is moving like one of your friends?? Do you suck that bad you have to pick the biggest thing you can find. I called the town police and they came up and took pictures of it. He told me that 2 other house were hit, a guardrail, and a row of mailboxes. I'm sorry I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How sad. We've seen the same thing happen in a nearby town. Such a waste. What is wrong with these kids??

flying fish said...

Awful. Was the building being rennovated already so someone's hard work was destroyed along with the building?

I love the shot the paint balls at your friend comment, makes way more sense and it's harder, lol!

LOVE the robins growing up series, how cool!