Saturday, October 18, 2008

AT WHAT AGE TO YOU STOP TRICK OR TREATING???


















Josh is 10 years old. I feel he is still at the age where he can go trick or treating. My ex husband feels he is to old and should stop. I remember going until I was at lest 14. Josh really wants to go, So I'm taking him. My ex lives with his girlfriend and she has a 12 year old and they told her she can't go trick or treating how sad is that. Why push a kid into growing up. Let them have fun, what does it hurt.

Another question, when do you stop kissing your kids good night or good bye on the lips? Josh has always did a pop kiss on the lips, but now that he is 10 I'm feeling at little funny. Is that weird? The other night I asked him to kiss me on the cheek and he didn't want to. I told him I think he is getting to old to be kissing me on the lips. He said "but your my mom that's OK", and he kissed me on the lips. I'm going to have to tell him I'm just uncomfortable with it, right?? What would you tell your kid?






1 comment:

Steve Hildebrand said...

Tough Questions.

Trick or Treating- End when you want. There is no age rule. I went when I was 16! Your never to old to be a kid and get candy. I say..go for it!

Kissing on Lips- That's a tough one. I understand you feeling awkward. I think I stopped kissing my mom when I was in middle school. I didn't want my friends to see. Again, I don't think there is an age where it has to stop. I think it changes with families.

I'm no help. I know. But Trick or Treating...go for it!