Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another great weekend!!

It started with Friday after work Joshua was going to go to a Halloween party that was at his school from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. When I picked him up from school he told me he didn't want to go. I asked him if he was sure. He said he wanted to stay home and play Lego's with me, so we did. John was working over time until 7:00. About 5:55pm Joshua looked at me and said he would really like to go to the party now. So we jumped up and got ready to go. I'm glad he went, he didn't want to stay long only 30min or so, but the time he was there he had a lot of fun. There was small hay rides, face painting, pumpkin cutting, and crafts of all kinds. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures.

Saturday I clean up the house and make it baby safe because I was going to be watching my nephew Nathan for the night. The sad part of watching Nathan was Joshua was going over to a sleepover Halloween party, and John and I would have had a night to ourselves, but I didn't mind, it's fun watching Nathan what a great baby he is. John went food shopping and I had to stay home and wait for my brother Glen and his wife Densie to drop off Nathan. John was gone for a long time. So I called his cell to see what was taking him sssooo lllooonnnggg. He said he was talking to one of my old friends from high school, Jill. I couldn't believe it. He said she said hi, and told me he would be home soon, and we hung up. I didn't think to tell him to have her stop by. Two seconds later the phone rang and it was Jill asking if I was busy and if she could stop by. I was so happy she called, and came over. Glen showed up and got to see Jill too. See Jill was not just an old high school friend she lived next door to me growing up. We were like sister, until we got into high school and grow a part as the years went and after school we would run into eachother here and there. So it was good for him also to see her. Glen also had the his daughter Emily with them. She was going to a Halloween party too, then going to Grammys. Emily was all dressed up. So Jill got to see his kids.




















Jill stayed over 3 1/2 hours. It was great talking about what we all have been up to now, and when I say up to, Jill really was up too. She sky dives now. Jill has over 700 jumps under her belt. I might be off with the number. I never thought she would be one to jump out of a plane. It started for her as a one time out, of the blue lets do it thing with her husband. They found out they loved it and wanted to learn to do it on their own. How cool is that. I would never do it, but good for her and her husband. We plan on getting together. The funny think to is that our sons are in the same class and we didn't ever know it. So I'm sure we will get together more being our kids hang out too.

Another funny thing is last week I was looking through photo books with my friend Becky and there were picture of Jill and I. I got to talking about her and I. This will be the 3rd thing this month that I have talked about and something and a week later it's there in front of me. I told John we really need to start talking about money, and maybe some will be in front of me next week. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

We hope you all had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

How nice was that to reconnect with an old friend! LOL about the money. If only it we`re that easy!

You wouldn`t catch me jumping out of a plane either. I`m petrified of heights :)