Monday, September 1, 2008

The Little Things That Make Me Smile

I remember years ago when my son was about 3, he was in bed. John was working 2ND shift, and I was sitting in the living room on the couch with my cat Dallas on my lap watching TV. I happened to look down on the floor and saw my son's little shoes, and it made me smile. I know it sounds weird, just seeing his shoes made me so happy my eyes watered. Knowing the little feet that fit into those shoes are my little mans. Something I always wanted, and I have it!!!


The other day it happened again. I was walking into the kitchen and there on the kitchen table were two helmets from my two men. One from my loving husband who knows better, and one from my loving son, who is following in John footsteps. Looking at the two helmets made me smile.

No comments: